Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oh, It happens. Trust me.

Dear possible readers,
     Have you ever found yourself to be incapable of doing anything productive for an extended period of time? Have you ever found yourself knowingly procrastinating? Have you ever tried to actually become responsible and do actual things and unglue your face to the computer but failed miserably because you couldn't stay away from the temptation of Gmail, Facebook, and Youtube?

     You know you have, at least once in your life. And you're not alone. For you see, the rest of the world and I have to. We all have our own consequences, motivations (and lack of motivations), and temptations that keep us from becoming responsible human beings.We all have our stories of failure that far out number sucess.
      But we keep trying, no matter how much we know that we will end up in a self dug pit of shame. Some people might deny it. But I know that this, contrary to common belief, is normal.

For example:

                        Oooh, I am going to do something useful!
-
Maybe I'll eat breakfast today!
-
That went okay! Maybe I'll comb my hair. I think I am responsible enough to not have dreads.
-
This is going great! Maybe I can help other people, say pick up one piece of my junk.
-
Wow! At this rate, I could clean my room!
-
*looks in room* Say, I think there's a new video on youtube...
-
*Spends six hours looking at pointless videos in the dark* 
                                                       

1 comment: